Sunday 21 June 2009

"Today your state is better than that day."

"Today your state is better than that day."


Ali radhiyAllaahu anhu said:"I went out one cold morning from my house and i was hungry,craving and the cold had much weakened me, so i took a cut skin which we had with us and wrapped it round me like a jacket and then drew it upto my neck and secured it to my chest in order to warm myself. By Allaah,there was nothing to eat in my house and if there had been anything in the house of the Prophet salAllaahu alaihi wa aalihi wa sallam, he would have sent me some.

I went out to one of the outlying parts of Medina and i saw a jew in his garden through a hole in his wall. He said:"O Arab, what about a date for every bucket?" I replied,'yes', so he opened the wall for me to come in and i did so. Then i drew up the bucket and he would give me a date until I had filled my palm. i then said:"I've had enough from you," and then i ate them and drank some water.

Then i came to the Rasoolullahi salAllaahu alaihi wa aalihi wa sallam and sat down beside him in the mosque. He was amongst a group of companions and Mus'ab Ibn Umayr radhiyAllaahu anhu also came upto this, wearing a patched cloak. When Rasoolullahi salAllaahu alaihi wa aalihi wa sallam caught sight of Mus'ab, he mentioned what a blessing was to be found in it and when he saw his condition, his eyes filled with tears and he wept saying,

"How would you like to be able to go out in the morning wearing one garment and go out in the evening in another and for your houses to be just as protected as the Ka'bah?"

We replied:"That day we would be in a good state.Our provision would be sufficient and we would be able to devote ourselves entirely to worship.

He said:"Today your state is better than that day."

[Al-Kanz Vol.3.,pg.321]



http://forums.islamicawakening.com/showthread.php?t=8448